This was a project for Eclectic Paperie: Get Altered Challenge – Message in a Bottle. All I had lying around was a beer bottle so that is what I started with. The cord was out of an Apple shopping bag and was laying on my work table, so I decided to incorporate it.
I embossed some aluminum foil for dimension on the bottle. I fill in the de-bossed side of the aluminum foil with modeling paste in order to retain the embossed image as I adhere it to the bottle. I use aluminum foil instead of paper, because I love the crisp deep impressions it takes. I added a couple of coats of paint to the aluminum foil and then topped it with some Distress Stain.I used Matte Accents by Ranger (they no longer make this product, Glossy Accents would work just as well) as the glue to wrap my newly created bee hive aluminum paper around the bottle.I used a hot glue gun to add the cord around the bottle and stuck the bees from my stash on the bottle with modeling paste and let it dry.I then painted it so that it would blend with the color of the bottle. I think the bees are by Jolee.The label on the bottle was a left over product from my last post still lingering on my work table. The book-plate was cut out of chipboard using the book-plate and Tag die cut from Sizzix. I painted it copper to tie in with the sticker strip, from K and Company, wrapped around the bottom of the bottle. The silver bee is from Momenta. The ball chain was painted with black gesso and adhered using Matte Accents.
Thanks for stopping by!