Second Vivian Board

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I am trying some of Vivian Keh’s techniques.  Here is the second of two panels I created.

DSC_0012I used a Tim Holtz/Sizzix dry embossing folder for the texture.  The large dragonfly is fussy-cut stamp by Tattered Angels and the small ones are are a punch by McGill.

DSC_0016The background stamp was by Clearly Impressed, and the inks are by Tattered Angels, Walnut Ink by Tsukineko and some I made myself with distress ink and Perfect Pearls by Ranger.

DSC_0019This time instead of using Reeves crayons for the yellows in the background, I used distress ink applied fairly heavily.  I’m not disappointed with the outcome, but still feel like I’m not getting enough pigment.  Wonder how Guache would work with Dylusions ink sprays?

Most of the photographs were taken in the sunlight to show off the Golden Pearl acrylic paint that I highlighted with, here is one in taken in shade.

DSC_0008Thanks for stopping by!

About Sam

A lover of crafts and art trapped in the mind of an accountant. My dream is to someday be set free of the cubicle prison. Meanwhile, I craft and I create to set my mind free.
This entry was posted in Art Board, Arylic Paint, Collage, emboss, Ink, Mixed Media, Stamp and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Second Vivian Board

1. contadinak says:

Hi Sam,
    I just saw saw this and want to tell you how much your posts have lifted my spirits today. looking at your “About” section, I think that we must be very like minded in our approach to art and craft and what it can do for ourselves and others. You have done beautiful work with the techniques – the textures are fantastic and you’ve really grasped the idea of letting the media do your work for you!!! Way to go, Sam, and I am really jazzed how you courageously worked abstractly, too. If it’s alright with you, I’d like to reblog and share on social media what you’ve done here. Wow yow, and thank you for sharing your projects with me. There are moments when I question what it is that I do, (I think maybe a lot of us have those moments, no?) and if I may say so, this made me remember how much satisfaction I get when I’m able to inspire others. Very proud of you!

-Vivian

• Sam says:

Wow!! I am so thrilled and honored to have you reblog! Thank you for the kind words and, of course, the inspiration! Rest assured that there are plenty of us that love what you do!

• Silvergran says:

This is beautiful! Fantastic colours, textures and BEADS!!

2. contadinak says:

Reblogged this on contadina k and commented:
    Reblogging another post from Sam. I see the use of some techniques I shared in my most recent video for Sizzix here – some dry embossed elements, glass beads, hot glue, and the pooling of mists in all the nooks and crannies. The lavender, yellow, aqua combo is heavenly. I can see she let the media do its work and move on the surface – totally awesome. Thank you for sharing this with me, Sam! I love seeing your own unique spirit come through in these projects. Woot woot!

3. Janj says:

Wow, love all the additional elements you included in this canvas! Love the color combos!

4. I know exactly what you are saying about Vivian. I look especially forward to her video tutorials because she is such a wonderful teacher with so many new and creative techniques. You have certainly done her justice in your gorgeous art. I especially love the glue technique as well.

5. Denny says:

Really great work!

6. Miranda says:

Just popped in through Vivian’s blog and you did a wonderful job! Love your art and colours! And I sure am also inspired by the work of Vivian! warm greet Miranda

7. Monique says:

What a beautiful canvas. I love all the texture you have going on. The colors are gorgious.

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog and I’d love to be in any swap with you as well, just send me an email if you like.

8. Michelle says:

Another awesome piece. Love the pattern used for the modeling paste. Great colors too. TFS.

9. Buttons says:

WOW Sam! I’m a massive fan of Vivian’s work too but haven’t even started to contemplate attempting something this detailed. LOVE the dragonflies and the embossed elements with all that yummy colour and the glue (of course!) Hugs, Jenny x