Nothing like waiting until the last minute. Todays post is for the SanDee & Amelie’s Steampunk June Challenge: Underwater Steampunk. I worked on this a little at a time all month long until father time forced me to call it “finished”. I worked with a new medium, and loved the results, but as with any new medium, I didn’t know what to expect. The medium that I am talking about is Golden Pumice Stone Gel (used here for the stone look around the edges). It took forever to dry! I’m talking days. I’m not sure if it was because it was left to dry in my basement, or if it was applied too thick, or if it normally takes that long. I was surprised that it held the metal embellishments (the ball bearings in the bottom right corner and the rings toward the top) so well. I did not have to use any other adhesive to hold them in place.
The jellyfish are hot glue with watch-parts imbedded in them. I did this by laying down a layer of glue, then while the glue was still hot, sprinkled the gears on it and then layered on top more got glue.
As always – thanks for stopping by!