Time Bee Alteration

I found cheap plastic clock at a rummage sale earlier this summer for fifty cents and finally decided the time was right to give it a new life – pun intended.

DSC_0001

I used the same technique as I did with the altered bottle in an earlier post.  I used a couple of different styles of dry embossing folders on aluminum foil, then filled in one side with joint compound to give it strength.  I then painted the foil with gesso and sprayed it with various yellows and browns for color.

DSC_0002

I trimmed the various pieces of foil to fit the clock face and then glued them to the cheap cardboard and popped it back into the plastic base.

DSC_0006

I thought about spraying the plastic clock base the same color as the face, but then changed my mind and went for a dramatic contrast and turned the old country blue plastic to flat black along with the clock hands.

DSC_0005

I found a few little bees in my stash and glued them to the face.

DSC_0009

The numbers are Thickers, which I glued in place.

DSC_0010

I don’t think it turned out so bad.

DSC_0013

It was truly an ugly duckling, and has been transformed into my favorite clock in the house.  Thanks for stopping by!

About Sam

A lover of crafts and art trapped in the mind of an accountant. My dream is to someday be set free of the cubicle prison. Meanwhile, I craft and I create to set my mind free.
This entry was posted in Altered Art, Ink, Mixed Media and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Time Bee Alteration

  1. Pingback: Gear Box Revisited | Craftart

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s