Washi Balloon Card

DSC_0002

Todays card was inspired by Our Creative Corner.  The challenge was a steampunk tic tac toe. I did Letters, Transport and Washi Tape.  The balloon was inspired by SanDee & amelie’s Steampunk Challenges, the theme over there is “Balloon, Balloon”.

The balloon was created by covering a piece of card stock with various washi tape in my stash, and then circle punched.  I added dimension by putting some shadowing with a charcoal pencil and adhering with pop dots.  I then glued various metal gears on top.

DSC_0007

This was a quick card.  The background is some lovely Distress Inks with water spritzed on it in the classic Tim Holtz style.  The stamps are 7 Gypsies, Technique Tuesday and Kaiser Craft.  The letters were made with some Distress Ink used with a stencil by The Crafters Workshop.

DSC_0006

Ping decided to help take the pictures of this card.

DSC_0004

About Sam

A lover of crafts and art trapped in the mind of an accountant. My dream is to someday be set free of the cubicle prison. Meanwhile, I craft and I create to set my mind free.
This entry was posted in Cards, Collage, Ink, Steampunk, Stencil, Tim Holtz and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Washi Balloon Card

1. LOVE your washi tape balloon, Sam!

Such a brilliant idea and you made a brilliant card with it! Sooo beautiful!
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us at OurCreativeCorner and at SanDee&amelie’s SPC too! 🙂

Hugs,
    Claudia x

2. Silvagran says:

Cool card! Gorgeous cat!:)

3. Buttons says:

The left side of your brain has done you justice here Sam. This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

4. astrid51 says:

Fabulous steam punk make! Love how you did the balloon and the stamping looks fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

5. Julia S-W says:

What a fab steampunk card! I love the background you’ve created in particular.
    Great layered stamping too.
    Gorgeous cat!!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner for this challenge.
    Juliax

6. Anne says:

I too, love your steampunk card, I love the way you have used the washi tape to create the fabulous balloon and your background is gorgeous. Ping is delightful too! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

7. SanDee1899 says:

totaly amazing just love your creation – stunning
    Thank you so much to show your outstanding project at SanDee&amelie s STEAMPUNK CHALLENGE! xoxo SanDee1899