My sister-in-law made a request of me this Thanksgiving. She found a picture of an angel someone had made (I wish I knew who to pay them the credit they deserve) out of sheet music, and requested that I make one for her. Here is what I came up with.
The die cut wings are by Sizzix, I used some 7 Dot Studio paper for them. The background was made by first adhering some torn strips of old dictionary paper to some mixed media card stock. The stars are made with a stencil and modeling paste. The background color was done with Distress Stain and the brown color on the dress and wings is Distress ink.
The dress was a challenge. My sister-in-law had given me some old music sheets and I wanted to use it, but it was fragile and wasn’t the right texture. I ended up using a background stamp from Stampabilities on tissue paper. I cut it in long strips and made a ruffle using 1/4 inch double-sided tape. I don’t recommend doing this wearing a sweater in a dry climate. Static electricity made the tissue paper stick to me more than the tape!
I drew the angel freehand (gasp!) and outlined everything in charcoal and sprayed it with Fixative. I was surprised when the wetness of the Fixative made the tissue paper translucent, and I actually was sorry it didn’t stay that way. My wheels are turning about how to make this happen and be permanent.Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!