Just a quick note today to share my new Turquoise Art Journal. This time I used a technique that I found on the Lindy’s Stamp Gang website. I used Turquoise shades of ink and silver embossing powder, and then glued it on top of some dry embossed card stock. It is just another take on my original Turquoise Altered Book , except this time I made it all from scratch. I added 140 pound Strathmore art paper using the Coptic stitch so that it would lay flat when I worked in it.
I like how the dry embossing is more subtle this time. I wish you could feel it. It has so much texture from the tissue.
Here is a close up of my stitching. I’m so proud of myself. I didn’t bleed at all this time! Usually I poke myself with the needle at least once, but this time I invested a whopping $1.49 in a curved needle. Well worth the money, as I saved that in band-aids.
Thanks for stopping by!